September 7, 2007
Craig's birthday was this past Friday, he turned 26! He is officially closer to 30 than 20. (but don't tell him that!) It was a very fun filled day. First, Talia and I dropped by Craig's office and gave him some balloons and brought some yummy chocolate cake to share with his co-workers. Then we headed home to pack for our camping trip. We headed up to Oak Creek Canyon to go camping with some friends of ours from our ward, the Hoyt's and the Siddoway's.After we got there and got camp all set up it was time for more cake, this time coconut. Craig is not the type of guy that likes attention on his birthday. The perfect birthday for him would be if I forgot his birthday, but he did his best trying to act like he was enjoying himself, (notice the fake smile.) It was kind of a disaster cause I couldn't get the candles to stay lit, oh well.

After cake we all hung around the campfire and enjoyed the cold weather and each other's company, until... Mr. Skunk came around. Apparently we left too much food out and we had a skunk right in our campsite. I didn't take any pictures for fear that he would spray. It brought back all too many memories of the time my family went camping and a skunk came in our tent and bit my dad's toe, funny story, maybe I'll share it another time. Luckily this skunk was skittish and so Craig just shuffled his feet real loud and it ran off.
The next morning the Hoyt's made us an awesome breakfast (thank you) and Talia decided she wanted to be happy after a horrible night of no sleep and screaming. She loves playing with her daddy.
Hangin' out with mom.
Recently Craig has informed me that he loves fishing, I had no idea. This is how he spent most of the day on Saturday.
Craig also found himself a new best friend. Sam thought fishing was the coolest thing, so she was right by his side ,and when Craig caught a fish, he let her reel it in, it made her day!
So proud. Craig said it made him excited for when Talia is older and she can do thing's like that with him. So cute.
Talia found a new love, no not Cooper, Cheetos! (but Cooper was so nice to share:)
I love her little Cheetos face!If you have never been camping up in Sedona I highly recommend it, it is so beautiful there, and the weather is perfect! Thanks for inviting us Siddoway's, it was a perfect way to celebrate Craig's birthday. Happy birthday Craig, I love you!


5 comments:
Looks like so much fun! I love the picture of Talia climbing on Craig.
Zach loves fishing too, they are weird.
Isn't it amazing the things you find out about your husband after a few years. The other day Rocky told me he didn't, we've been married almost 7 years let me remind you, like butterfingers. What the? I had no idea!
What a blast! Happy Bday Craig!
Heidi!
I haven't seen you in years--you look so beautiful! And so is your little girl. I'm so glad I just found your blog on Malia's! :)
--Lauren
Camping is always fun!! Glad you guys could get out of the heat!! MmmM cheetos are good, good choice Talia.. :0)
Post a Comment