Sunday, August 19, 2007

San Diego
August 17-19 2004

This past weekend we headed to San Diego with all of my friends to celebrate Erica's birthday. I have been working on this post forever because my computer is being extremely slow. I started working on it on the drive home last night on my lap top because I really wanted to beat Erica, but of course I didn't finish and first thing this morning when I checked Erica's blog, she already had it up. So much for my evil plan!
Rachel and Chad made everyone matching shirts that said "Happy Birthday Erica - Seaworld Extravaganza!" It was hilarious! My family used to wear matching shirts on vacations, so it brought back a lot of memories.
Talia and I shared our first trip to Seaworld together, me 23, her 7 months.
I know Rachel will kill me for this, but I think it's funny. Here we are at the Shamu Rocks show on Friday night. I love when people don't realize they are going to be in the picture!
Saturday morning it was Denny's for breakfast and then off to Seaworld again. First stop :Antarctic Adventure (cause it was so stinkin' hot when we got there at noon!) Talia thoug ththe ice wall was pretty cool! (haha)


A family picture at the Balooga whale tank.
BFF's with a polar bear.

The shark tunnel was really fun, and Craig got a really good picture of me and Talia with a shark behind us that has scary eyes.
Me taking a picture of Craig feeding the dolphins...

Craig taking a picture of me feeding the dolphins. good job babe. At least I had the bracelets on so we knew it was me!

Frozen lemonades, so good! We made our husbands walk around the park for twenty minuted to find these, what good husbands!
Us with the Call's at the dolphin show. We got to the show a little late so we lied and said our friends were saving us seats so they let us in, and then we just squeezed on a bench. Innocent enough, right?!

We went out to eat in Oldtown at a great place called Cafe Coyote.

Talia was kinda the center of attention the whole trip. Here she is at dinner sitting on the table gnawing on a home made tortilla.
We dared Zach to drink that bowl full of salsa, so of course he did.


Craig is always tells me that I am kinda bossy, so he took a picture of me to prove it. I am yelling at the guys telling them to only do one camera at a time.
So ya, I am a little bossy, but now we all have a picture where everyone is looking at the camera. Your welcome ladies.

Here is Talia being the center of attention and loving it. We probably sat around for a good half an hour in the hotel room just letting her entertain us.

Off to Mission Beach. It had been so long since I had been to the beach, and this was Talia's first trip.
The gang all watching in awe as Zach attempted skim boarding.
Soakin' up the sun. ( a little too much as we later discovered)
Talia loves Zach. I think sometimes she thinks he is her daddy cause Craig and Zach look somewhat a like, but as soon as Zach talks she knows it's not him.

Talia loved playing in the ocean with her daddy.
Some family pics
I think we scared her!
Naked baby!
She fell asleep with her daiper off so instead of risking waking her, I just left it off, I regreted it later when she peed everywhere!
Little sweetness, sound asleep.
Unfortunately I was too concerned about keeping my baby covered in sunscreen and out of the sun ,that I forgot to take care of myself. I am paying for that now! At least Talia is happy!

The girls being hot, (sorry Rachel and Holly, I don't know where you were for this one.)
The guys being studs
Malia and Casey: being Malia and Casey
I have the best baby ever, she was so good the whole trip. Thank you Talia!
I love that my friends from highschool still get together and do fun things like this. You all are the best friends I could ever ask for. Thanks for planning this trip and thanks for always being so supportive and helping with baby Tali. She loves you guys, and so do I!

9 comments:

Erica said...

Okay for some reason I got emotional after reading this post. lol, we have the best friends in the world! And I love that baby so much I can't even stand it.

LOL to that picture of you telling the boys how to take a picture.

And I tried to get Zach to take a picture with me and the dolphin, he also failed like Craig. His excuse "well there was a lot going on." What does that even mean?

Your guys' family pictures in the waves are SO CUTE. Talia was soooo good the WHOLE time; and I don't think the trip would have been the same without her.

Best vacay ever! I love you guys!!

Erica said...

That was long, sorry. lol

Heidi said...

Ok, I was totally getting choked up when I wrote that. I am glad you were too, now I feel less gay.

Brandi said...

Hey heidi, Looks like you guys had fun!! We actually just went to Sea World & all those places this summer! Super fun!! Can't wait to get back..
Anyway-- go to onetruemedia.com & upload whatever video clip you want to put on your page.. It kinda takes a while for it to upload, but once it is done, you can save it & it will give you a code to put on your page.. Sorry this is like a novel, but let me know if you have any other questions.. :0)

The Garlock's said...

It's about time you update your blog. j/k It looks like you guys had so much fun and that is really cool that you and all your girls were able to do that!

Kasey said...

So much fun! I wish my friends were cool and wanted to go on vacation with us. Every year we try to get our friends to come to Mexico and every year no friedns come. Maybe one day...

Malia said...

Heidi I loved all of your comments! "Craig taking a picture of me with the dolphins." That picture of you directing photo traffic was 100% Heidi I laughed! That seriously was the BEST trip, Brad and I had so much fun! So now I am left missing all of our friends and those frosted lemonades! Give your sweetie kisses for me, she was so much fun!

Michelle said...

Heidi, Talia is just perfection! Erica said she was such a good girl on the trip.

You have a beautiful family.

LOL to the Dad/Zach mix up for Talia.

Staci said...

So fun! And so many GREAT pictures to remember all the fun! Tally looks SO cute! Parker LOVED Seaworld too:) I'm jealous that all your g-friends went on a trip together!