Monday, May 5, 2008

Confession of a Pregnant Woman....
Last night we were visiting our family, and we got on the topic of things we crave while we are pregnant, there are the usuals; different types of food, ice, etc... While I am pregnant I have a very unusual craving, dial soap. I don't want to eat it, I just want to smell it, all day long! I have a hand pump filled with dial at every sink in my house, and I wash my hands a good twenty times a day. You can all laugh, but there is something about the smell that is so relaxing to me. At night I do my normal bedtime routine, then I wash my hands and upper arms with dial and then go to bead so I can smell it as I am falling asleep. My husband thinks this is gross, but I love getting a big cup of crushed ice, washing my hands with dial and just sitting on the couch eating my ice. Call me a freak, but I say you do what you gotta do to get through a pregnancy!

10 comments:

Lani said...

:-O Wow. Now that's one I've never heard before! ;-) At least you don't want to eat it, eh? I've heard pregnant women can crave some pretty crazy things... like laundry detergent?!

{ Bethany } said...

HAHAHA. Ice- normal. Dial- WEIRDO! But thats ok, we all still luv ya! ;)

Carroll Family said...

Too funny! I don't think I had any weird ones!

Jill said...

I love it! Until Craig gets pregnant he really doesn't have a say in what is normal. :)

Erin said...

When I was pregnant all I wanted was raw pie dough....yes raw! It was so yummy! Good thing I worked out so much because all that Crisco couldn't have been a good thing for my thighs! :)

Anonymous said...

This is too funny... and too true!

the cummard family said...

happy mothers day!

The Garlock's said...

That is pretty funny, but not so weird because I seriously love the smell of soap and laundry. That isle is my favorite in the grocery store. I used to like drench my clothes in febreeze so I could smell like laundry all day, lol!

Ashley (Belnap) Whiting said...

That's so funny! There us a girl at my school that craves dirt and chalk! No joke, dirt and chalk, and she has eaten it just to see if it curbs her cravings:)

Shanell said...

I can't believe it is time for little baby to come. Good luck and I need you to send me your email. Then I can invite you to my blog. Missed you at the FHE. It was very quiet.
shanellgambell@yahoo.com