Tuesday, March 18, 2008


Las Vegas
march 3-5 2008


For our anniversary a couple weeks ago, Craig and I went to Vegas. Craig is not very good at keeping surprises, he just has to tell me everything! He was really trying hard this time not to tell me where we were going, but he blew it a few days before we left by talking about being in Vegas on the phone with his boss while I was in the room! Anyways, surprised or now, I was way excited, the last time I had been to Vegas, I was eight and we stayed at Circus Circus.

We left on Monday morning and got there Monday afternoon just in time to check into our hotel . Craig had gotten a great deal on a room at the Stratosphere. Of course while we are checking in the clerk tells us that the people that had booked the honeymoon sweet had "conveniently" canceled and it could be ours for a small additional fee. So, we took it, and it was well worth it!


I accidentally erased the first picture I had on here and I am too lazy to get it again, but the first night we went to a show called "American Superstars." We got the tickets free with our room. It was actually a pretty good show. Elvis, Tim Mcgraw, and Michael Jackson were all really good. Christina Aguilara was good, but she was definitely living up to her nickname, "X-Tina." I spent most of that act with my hand over Craig's eyes!

After the show we headed out to find a good restaurant which isn't difficult in Vegas. We ended up eating at a Brazilian place called Samba. It was so good! This picture of Craig cracks me up, I'm not sure if he's chewing, or if he's just really excited!
We of course got the all you can eat dinner, they just kept coming around with different kinds of meats and sides, it was great. The worst part about an all you can eat is that you want to feel like you got your money's worth so you just keep eating well past the point of being full. I almost had to call in the crane to get me out of there!
We spent the next day walking around and seeing everything there is to see.
In front of the "shops at the forum" taking a much needed break!
This fountain is in front of one of my favorite hotels, the Wynn, that place is unbelievable!
Of course we had to make a stop at Circus Circus, both of us stayed there when we were younger and it brought back a lot of memories. We went in and played all the cheesy carnival games and won Talia a bunch of ugly stuffed animals that she doesn't need. I bet we walked a good five miles that day, we started around The Mirage and made our way in and out of hotels, and up and down the isles of a huge jewelry convention, until we got back to the Stratosphere, my feet were killing me!

That night was our anniversary, Craig made dinner reservations and he was determined to keep it a surprise since he blew the last one. Reservations were at 7:15 so he told me to be ready by 6:45 so we had time to get to the restaurant. I thougth I had planned everything right, but when It came down to it, I was in a mad rush to finish getting ready. We finally leave the hotel room and I think we are headed to the garage to get the car, but in the elevator Craig takes us to the wrong floor, of course I snap at him and say, "this is the wrong floor, we need to go to level three, that's how we get to the garage!" He just smiled and said "no, this is right." At that point I was really confused, I started to put it all together as we got to the entrance were you got to the top of the Stratosphere.I was thinking we were earlly for our resaervation since we left the room at 6:45, but come to find out Craig had changed the clocks so I wouldn't suspect anything, no wonder I wa sin a mad rush! Craig had made reservations at the "Top of the World." It's the restaurant at the top of the Stratosphere. As we headed to the top, the elevator operator told us that the restaurant was voted one of the top ten most romantic in the U.S. When we got to the top and were seated Craig and I looked around, and he said "what was I thinking, I am never gonna be able to top this, and it's only our third anniversary!" The food was so good, and the view was even better. After diner we headed to the observation deck where we ran into a couple who was giving away some tickets to ride the roller coasters that are up there. Craig had already been on most of them, but there was a new one he wanted to try, so we took the ticket. This is one time that I can say that I was so glad to be pregnant. This ride in insane! It takes you out over the edge of this one hundred and nine story building then it starts spinning, and as you are spinning it's lifting your chair up so you are facing straight down. The worst part.. all that's holding you in is a lap bar, no harnis or shoulder straps, a lap bar! Craig said it was exciting, I was so grateful to be pregnant!
The beautiful city!
After dinner we headed over to the Belagio to see the fountains. They are unbelievable! I've wanted to see them ever since seeing "Ocean's Eleven." It was the perfect ending to a perfect night!

This movie doesn't do them the justice they deserve, but I still like watching it.



It was an amazing trip and I'm so glad we went, thank you Craig for planning such a great trip. And thank you to my mom and my family for watching Talia while we were gone! You guys are the best!

6 comments:

Jill said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. Im jealous! Maybe Craig needs to talk to Jason. :)

Staci said...

How fun!!! I hadn't even heard what you did there! I can't wait to see what he does next year to top that!:) What a nice getaway for you guys

Erin said...

How fun! Matt & I went for our Honeymoon and then again for our 3rd anniversary too. (I'll tell you about that sometime!)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

the cummard family said...

what the h is that last comment? looks like such a fun trip....i could use one of those.

Giles Fam said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I'm really glad you posted about your trip because I've been trying to figure out what we could do for our 3 yr anniversary coming up (i'm in charge of planning it this year) and I was actually thinking about Vegas. It looks like so much fun, and I'm assuming you'd recommend it. :) So fun!