skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Dinner in the Stacks
Craig and I were invited to attend a charity dinner that raises money for the Phoenix library last Saturday night. Craig's boss bought a table and invited us. I was so excited because it is not to often, actually never, that we get to get all dressed up and got to an event like this. The invitation said "cocktail attire." That freaked me out a little when I went to my closet and realized that I only had skirts and very informal dresses. So, I got to go shopping. I went to Ross and found a great dress and some cute heels all for $25.00. I thought I was set to go, I wasn't in love with the dress, but it was cute and it was going to have to work. Well, the day of the event rolls around, and Craig and I start talking about what we are going to wear, and he informs me that he is wearing his suit. This was a huge problem, as you can see from the picture Craig's suit is dark black and pretty formal, my dress was chocolate brown and semi-formal. I tried to convince him to not wear his suit and to just wear a sport coat. His response was, "Adam is wearing a suit and he said I should wear one." This came as a shock to me because I didn't even know Adam and his wife would be coming. Don't get me wrong, I like them, but Adam's wife works for Sacks 5th Ave., so the two of them are always dressed to kill! My dress was definitely not going to work now. Mind you it is Saturday morning, so I had one day to put together an outfit. So we headed to the mall. I ended up finding my dress in the first store we went into, and my husband was so nice to let me buy it! (it cost a "little" bit more than the previously mentioned dress:) He never said one word, even when I picked out some new shoes to go with. I knew he just wanted me to be happy!
When we arrived, there was an open bar, and a silent auction. Craig's boss is an ex-Mormon, so he gave us a hard time the whole night with the drinking thing, he thought he was so funny! After the auction ended everyone made there way up to the second story of the building where they had a live band and dinner. The atmosphere was fun, but I was glad that I wasn't the one that paid the $500.000 for my dinner, cause the chicken was gross, and my steak was so rare that I think I heard a "moo."
This is Adam who Craig works with and his wife Debbie. Her dress was amazing, and she had a cute black wrap to go with it, and the cutest shoes.
After dinner, we danced the night away. Not really, I think we danced three songs, but that is what they say in the movies, so I thought I'd give it a try.
This is what we came home to... doesn't my dad look uncomfortable! My parents were so nice to come all the way to our house to watch Talia. Thank you!
15 comments:
Wow! I would have been totally intimidated too! But you looked fabulous! :-)
Yeah for getting dressed up...I get 'dressed up' when I get a shower, blow dry my hair AND put on clean clothes before noon-looks like you had fun!
You looked fabulous - as you always do! It is so fun to get dressed up - doesn't happen very often! Don't you love parents who love to watch your kids - it is fabulous!
Heidi you look beautiful! Craig you too :) Take those opportunities when they come...it looks like fun!
I love the dress Heidi! You look amazing! I'm sure your brown dress was cute too:) Looks like you guys had fun!
I LOVE the picture of your parents! How nice of them to come over & watch Tali:)
Heidi you looked so cute! When I started to read the story I thought to myself "wow she got that at Ross, it's such a cute dress." It looks like you guys had fun.
Looks like you guys had so much fun! I would love to have an excuse to get all dressed up. Looks like your dad might need to do an adjustment on himself after that little nap.
You guys look so cute!
LOL to your parents on the couch.
Ok , pictures of the parents is a classic! Somehow dads can sleep anywhere in any position
HOW FUN! i'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO TO A FANCY THING WHERE i CARED ABOUT THE OUTFIT. i REGREAT ALL MY DANCE DRESSES FROM HIGHSCHOOL. i NEED AN EXCUSE TO DRESS UP FOR SOMETHING FUN. MAYBE OUR FRIENDS SHOULD GET MARRIED SOON. (haha)
P.S YOU GUYS LOOK CUTE
Heidi first of all GREAT story and pictures, 2nd, that pic of your parents made me laugh outloud. Thirdly, well, um Talia is a perfect doll.
Oh ya and your dress rocked.
I love your dress...I want to buy to buy it, tomorrow! Where did you get it. Dito to Malia's comment I was thinking you got it at Ross!
Heidi - awesome dress! I'm in a similar dilemma... I need to find a "cocktail" dress for Michael's work holiday party. Yours looks perfect! Where ever did you get it?
Way cute dress! You looked great!
Post a Comment